A multi-dimensional creative professional with experience across a wide range of media, including digital, social, print, broadcast, and experiential, working closely with Creative Directors and account teams on national and regional accounts, such as McDonalds, Kroger, and Cymbalta. Adept at understanding and interpreting the strategic intent of projects, and then lead the thinking around the concept and ideation as projects move from theory to execution.
Extensive, proven experience in messaging and creative strategy. Broad set of creative and business talents:
- Hands‐on creative work in retail, healthcare, B2B, and shopper marketing
- Solid writing skills and understanding of crafting copy and content for long-form and promotional pieces, as well as social platforms
- Extremely organized, detail oriented, collaborative, yet able to work independently in a fast paced, deadline-driven environment
- Passionate about quickly-evolving digital environments
- Able to interface with senior internal and external clients
- Proactive, value-add approach to client deliverables and social strategies
- Highly creative, imaginative, and curious about clients’ products and/or services
- 12 years experience in broadcast journalism and production
- Speaker, 2011 – Present
- Junior League of Columbus, 2010 – Present
- Girl Scouts of Ohio’s Heartland, 2010 – Present
- Blogger, 2008 – Present
Self Employed, Consultant/Senior Copywriter
2009 – Present
Partner on strategy and creation of brand-specific copy for both print and digital deliverables, ensuring adherence to client marketing and creative objectives while meeting established deadlines. Generate digital strategy and provide creative direction, in addition to managing public relations, social media, and content strategy.
- Consulting work for: Abbott Nutrition, American Red Cross, Attache, Baesman Group, ELEVATE thinking, Fahlgren Mortine, GSW Worldwide, inServ Communications, InsuranceSpark, MindsOn, Navicor Group, Oxiem, PenPal Kids Club, SBC Advertising, SOS Media Group, and Stonefly Communications Group.
- Brands: Abbott Nutrition Health Institute, Adena Health System, American Red Cross, Biogen Idec, Columbus Region, Crav On, Cymbalta, Dayton Power & Light, Dearfoams, Eli Lilly, Emerson, Endo Pharmaceuticals, Ensure, Gatlinburg Travel & Tourism, Genentech, Glucerna, iCoffee, Kroger, McDonald’s, McGraw-Hill Education, Monarch Health, Nutrition Ally, Prescription Hope, OhioHealth, PediaSure, Tarceva, Tridien Medical, and Vital.
Highlights for Children, Digital Copywriter (Contract)
Lead the development and execution of messaging for web, email, affiliate, and social media communication channels. Develop and own the brand’s voice through authentic storytelling that results in increased brand awareness, sales, and traffic.
JPMorgan Chase, Copywriter 2 (Contract)
Worked closely with internal agency partners to create engaging online experiences, digital advertising, social content, and internal promotional/sales materials for merchant services, commercial banking, business banking, and home lending.
Origo Branding Company, Copywriter
Led concept development and copywriting, creating the content and messaging strategy for integrated marketing campaigns, TV/video scripts, websites, email, blogs, advertising, and other strategies. Assisted in business development, presented creative strategy to clients, and promoted the company through blog posts and social media.
- Brands: Abbott Nutrition, Columbia Gas of Ohio, Cramer & Associates, Delaware County Convention & Visitors Bureau, E-Crane, Echoing Hills, Greater Columbus Arts Council, Greystone Health Network of Ohio, Heinzerling Community, MediGold, Mid-Ohio Regional Planning Commission, Ohio for Responsible Gambling, McGraw-Hill Education, and Safelite.
Columbus College of Art & Design, Adjunct Instructor
Taught weekly copywriting courses to undergraduate students, developing and managing course syllabus, in-class discussions, and assignments.
Ohio Housing Finance Agency, Copywriter (Contract)
Provided branding, advertising, and public relations support to government agency, developing newsletters, press releases, talking points, social media, media kits, and video content.
SOS Video Communications, Senior Copywriter
2/2008 – 12/2008
Generated copy for national, regional and local clients. Provided project management, basic account services and creative leadership on key projects and contributed to company re-branding and business development.
- Brands: ALDI, Alliance Data, American Signature, BIG Research, RockBridge Capital
Bachelor of Arts, Speech Communication/Broadcasting
Public Relations minor
Otterbein University, June 1994