A multi-dimensional creative professional with experience across a wide range of media, including digital, social, print, broadcast, and experiential, working closely with Creative Directors and account teams on national and regional accounts, such as McDonalds, Kroger, and Cymbalta. Adept at understanding and interpreting the strategic intent of projects, and then lead the thinking around the concept and ideation as projects move from theory to execution.
Extensive, proven experience in messaging and creative strategy. Broad set of creative and business talents:
- Hands‐on creative work in retail, healthcare, B2B, and shopper marketing
- Solid writing skills and understanding of crafting copy and content for long-form and promotional pieces, as well as social platforms
- Extremely organized, detail oriented, collaborative, yet able to work independently in a fast paced, deadline-driven environment
- Passionate about quickly-evolving digital environments
- Able to interface with senior internal and external clients
- Proactive, value-add approach to client deliverables and social strategies
- Highly creative, imaginative, and curious about clients’ products and/or services
- 12 years experience in broadcast journalism and production
- Speaker, 2011 – Present
- Junior League of Columbus, 8/2010 – Present
- Girl Scouts of Ohio’s Heartland, 8/2010 – Present
- Blogger, 2008 – Present
Bachelor of Arts, Speech Communication/Broadcasting
Public Relations minor
Otterbein University, June 1994
1/2009 – Present
Partner on strategy and creation of brand-specific copy for both print and digital deliverables, ensuring adherence to client marketing and creative objectives while meeting established deadlines. Generate digital strategy and provide creative direction, in addition to managing public relations, social media, and content strategy.
- Consulting work for: Abbott Nutrition, Attache, Baesman Group, ELEVATE thinking, Fahlgren Mortine, GSW Worldwide, inServ Communications, MindsOn, Navicor Group, Ohio Housing Finance Agency, Oxiem, SBC Advertising, SOS Media Group and Stonefly Communications Group.
- Brands: Abbott Nutrition Health Institute, Adena Health System, American Red Cross, Biogen Idec, Columbus Region, Crav On, Cymbalta, Dayton Power & Light, Dearfoams, Eli Lilly, Emerson, Endo Pharmaceuticals, Ensure, Gatlinburg Travel & Tourism, Genentech, Glucerna, iCoffee, InsuranceSpark, Kroger, McDonald’s, McGraw-Hill Education, Monarch Health, Nutrition Ally, Prescription Hope, OhioHealth, PediaSure, PenPal Kids Club, Tarceva, Tridien Medical and Vital.
Origo Branding Company
2/2017 – 8/2018
Lead concept development and copywriting, creating the content and messaging strategy for each touch point, including integrated marketing campaigns, TV/video scripts, websites, email blasts, blogs, ad campaigns, and other strategies. Assist in business development, present creative strategy to clients, and promote the company through blog posts and social media.
- Brands: Abbott Nutrition, Columbia Gas of Ohio, Cramer & Associates, Delaware County Convention & Visitors Bureau, E-Crane, Echoing Hills, Greater Columbus Arts Council, Greystone Health Network of Ohio, Heinzerling Community, MediGold, Mid-Ohio Regional Planning Commission, Ohio for Responsible Gambling, McGraw-Hill Education, and Safelite.
Columbus College of Art & Design
7/2015 – Present
Organize and implement an instructional program utilizing different teaching methods for students with varying degrees of expertise in educational backgrounds. Provide a positive and honest environment for students during class hours. Examine and give students a feedback about their academic activity, offering support and counseling them concerning their educational development and career choices.
Social Media Manager
7/2012 – 3/2013
Developed and implemented social media strategy, managed presence on social networks, posted on relevant blogs and built an active brand ambassador network. Grew social media fan base by over 200%. Provided creative direction for consultants, spearheaded crisis communications and managed community outreach efforts and promotions.
SOS Video Communications
2/2008 – 12/2008
Generated copy for national, regional and local clients. Provided project management, basic account services and creative leadership on key projects and contributed to company re-branding and business development.
- Brands: ALDI, Alliance Data, American Signature, BIG Research, RockBridge Capital